I know, I’m forever jumping the gun, and this post is no different. Summer is still over a month away, but you know it’s never not on my mind – especially because these pictures have me craving a #roadtrip (and in n out, because snacks are debatably the best part of any road trip)! Since I’m an eternal summer girl, I had to get a head start on my summer bucket list:
1. Go on a girl’s trip (..or like 10)! I’m always joking that my life is basically an unending girl’s day/ GNO, and I honestly love it. Nothing will ever compare to the relationship you have with your close girlfriends – especially when you’re a single 20-something.
2. Solo beach day I get it, you get it, we all get it- I love the beach. I don’t care what season it is, who the company is, or what state/ country I’m in – it’s my happy place! There’s something special about taking a solo drive with the windows down, going for a run on the beach, taking yourself to lunch, or just sitting on the sand for as long as you please. Just you and nature, and no agenda!
3. Volunteer there is a cause or issue close to all of our hearts, so what better time than the present to step up and help out? I’m preaching to the choir for sure, because there are a few places I’ve wanted to volunteer at for an eternity. I’m definitely dragging my sisters out of bed and with me to finally just do it 🙂
4. Set summer goals it’s time for some personal goals! If there is something you want to accomplish, give yourself a timeline; maybe you want to achieve it come fall. I have one goal in particular that has been a huge daily motivator. I only have eyes for it… and I plan on spending this summer getting that much closer 😉
5. Book Club Time ok, so I don’t think I could ever be a part of an actual book club, as I suck at organized activities that require commitment (lol), but I DO plan on having a book club: party of one. I’m ashamed to admit that I have a good 4-5 unfinished books on my nightstand at the moment, and I don’t feel I can properly move on with my life until I right my wrongs with them… so that’s where I’ll be starting. BUT, I always love a good recommendation, if you have one or five!
6. Clean house since summers can be so hot, I always feel extra compelled to pursue minimalism. Time to clean out the closet (yet again) and rid myself (at least a little bit) of some of the physical clutter that always manages to transcend into mental clutter.
7. Host a night out if you know even a fraction about me, you know a few things: I love cocktails, rooftops, summer-y outfits, and good friends. Add all these together (plus a charcuterie board) and it’s my dream night. Soo, I think it’s time to get some friends together on a picturesque rooftop and indulge in some sangria and cheese.
8. Try something new a new workout class, way of styling your hair, cuisine- challenge yourself to alter your perspective! I think that can be the best way to shake things up when you’re feeling stagnant or uninspired. Remember that “life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.”
There are an estimated 9,000 other things I hope to experience or accomplish this summer, but I had to start my list somewhere 😉 What’s on your summer bucket list? Do you even make one?!
Photography by Peter Robinson
Top (Robinson Haus)
Pants (Robinson Haus)
Bag (Robinson Haus)
Thanks for stopping by!