Hi friends! As of Sunday, I will be 23 years old! I thought there would be no better way to celebrate (ok, who are we kidding, there a million better ways to celebrate) than to take this opportunity to share 23 things you don’t know about me. I’ve never written a post in this format before, but I always love reading ‘x facts about me’ type of posts on other blogs. I feel like it’s the fastest way to create friendships and get to know people in this digital space! Without further adieu…
- When I was in elementary school, I had a southern accent, and no one knows why to this day. Ha! (Born & raised in Southern California… hmm).
- One of my biggest pet peeves is dry skin. I have lotion literally everywhere I go for this reason. (2 on my desk at work, 2 on my nightstand, 2 in my car… you get the picture)
- My favorite meal is (still) chicken strips and French fries (+ honey mustard & ranch). Yes, I’m a child
- There was a time when I followed more dogs than humans on Instagram (I think we might still be in that time)
- When I was in high school, I journaled every single night of school my junior & senior year
- Carrie Bradshaw is my spirit animal! Sex and the City in general is my life. I quote it to people everyday, and everyone in my life has just had to accept that fact
- I hate cereal
- My dream house would be one a lake somewhere!
- I consider myself an outgoing introvert; I can be super social in certain settings, but ultimately am quite private/ to myself
- I have always been fashion obsessed and would make designer bags for my Barbies when I was little. I used puffy paint to re-create the C’s on a Chanel bag (hahah)
- I’m super weird about textures and get creeped out easily by things that feel gross to me
- I have a very dry & sarcastic sense of humor (if you didn’t already notice 😉 ) that I can thank my mom for
- I’ve never been the person to have a ton of friends, because I’d rather my friendships be mutually authentic and well-rounded. Quality > quantity
- I am incredibly infatuated with flowers and have been wanting to take a floral arrangement class for years! I guess 23 should be the year I actually do it
- My closet has been color-coded since elementary school, and organizing closets is therapeutic for me- I offer to organize my friends’ because I find it strangely fun and satisfying. Anyone need some help with theirs?…. 😉
- Charlie Weber and Jamie Dornan are my celeb crushes (Linked for your pleasure and convenience)
- Chocolate with almonds and toffee is my weakness!
- I have an obsession with quotes; I once filled an entire journal with them, and am constantly referencing quotes when having more serious conversations with friends
- I don’t really like TV/ movies… Every once in a while I’ll be in the mood to watch a good movie, but if I have time to spare, I’d rather spend it being productive or sleeping (or stalking my fave bloggers)
- I have a tattoo on my foot that says ‘brave’; that word is personal to me for many reasons, and this song was a big inspiration behind it
- I have a note in my car with Psalm 18:32 on it. For some reason, that verse has always been very comforting to me during my seasons of high-anxiety, and it’s become my daily reminder. (“It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect” 🙂 )
- If I could have any job unrelated to fashion, I would want to be a songwriter
- I hate texting! I’m thankful my friends have come to terms with this, but I’d much rather make a plan to spend intentional time with somebody than send mindless texts all the time
- *One more for good luck! I am the youngest of 3 girls, and would say I am definitely the ‘free-spirit’of the family; I hate feeling trapped in any aspect of my life! I always want to feel free and know that there are endless possibilities
Onto the outfit! I am wearing this skirt in black (also seen here) and let me tell you it has been my obsession! It’s difficult for me to find skirts that fit just right (I’m picky, etc, etc..), but I’m all about this one. Also just got this chenille sweater that I somehow still can’t manage to find… but I’m linking a similar one! I don’t think I should even have to say this- but I am in LOVE with these boots! They have been on repeat, and are such a great way to elevate any outfit with ease (at an amazing price, might I add).
Thanks so much for stopping by- I hope what you learned about me doesn’t scare you away 😉 ha. Enjoy your weekend!